Thursday, March 5, 2015

The Waiting is Over

You plan for a trip months in advance, at least we do.  You make flight reservations, hotel reservations....for the most part, spend some time researching the destination.... and wait because the trip is still months away!  I have a love hate relationship with the waiting part. Waiting gives me time to cruise the Internet and study my destination and look at pictures like this....and dream away the gloomy winter days.

Croatian sunset
Sunset in Dubai
You probably all know by now that I just love sunset, it's my favorite time of the day.  I could sit anywhere and watch the sunset and it would be like watching the best movie ever or looking at the most beautiful work of art in the world.  Sunset is a magical time of day to me.  I really hope conditions are favorable for beautiful sunsets!  One city on our itinerary is there solely because of it's famed sunsets.  According to Alfred Hitchcock, “The sunset of Zadar is the world’s most beautiful and incomparably better than in Key West, Florida.”  I've never been to Key West, FL but I do know there are some pretty spectacular sunsets in Nova Scotia so they have some tough competition.  I'm not sure Alfred Hitchcock ever saw sunset at the farmhouse.  I am going to make it my job to see if the sunsets in Dubai and Croatia are close to the ones in Nova Scotia!  Stay tuned...Carmen Sandiego is going on the road.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...