Thursday, February 11, 2016

Happy Lent Everyone

The partying is over, the pancakes have been eaten,  king cake is no longer king and Friday's are smelling a little fishy.  My weeknights will be sober and hopefully my blog will be more active.  As you all know I'm not big on New Year's resolutions but I do try to observe Lent in some way.  Being a good Catholic girl, the promise of eternal life or maybe it's the threat of eternal damnation seem to motivate me more than the commercial pressure to improve my health or become a better person every January.  This year is like any other and I will give something up and try to do something extra.

Lent just happens to coincide with my 6 week writing class, the first class was held on Mardi Gras, so by default I will be writing more during Lent. We have "homework" and what better place to throw out some of my ramblings/homework than the blog?
Some of our suggested practices are:
1-write 3 pages every morning, even before that cup of caffeine, (yeah, right... that will happen!)
2- find something each day that sparks us and write about it.
3- go on a personal adventure alone, be inspired and write.
 I think I'll try door number 2 or 3, morning time is taken by waking up and putting one foot in front of the other!  So six weeks of sober writing...should be interesting...or not!  Keep in mind... this is practice...not perfect!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...